There are so many ways of dealing with facial and skin treatment. Some use herbal means, while others use different chemical mixtures to restore the skin’s texture. Others opt for skin needling to not only help with the texture of the skin, but also to eliminate wrinkles, fine lines, sun damage, and scarring.
Skin needling is the act of using tiny needles to prick the skin professionally to alleviate wrinkles, restore tone, and to remove fine lines. It has been proven to be effective over time as compared to other methods. It is usually done by an expert who has undergone years of training and is qualified to do the job.
What skin needling in Brisbane gets rid of
Skin needling is a technique that provides a solution to many skin problems at once, unlike other methods which will require different chemicals or substances for different problems. Here are a few benefits of skin needling:
- Pigmentation – Skin needling will help to set the skin pigmentation to the right appearance.
- Scars – It helps to improve the appearance of scars and reduce the stretch of the skin.
- Fine Lines – The use of skin needling helps to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines from the face as well as other body parts.
- Stretch marks – The technique helps to hide stretch marks and make them less visible.
Side effects of skin needling
There are some side effects associated with skin needling treatment. You can experience some or all of them after the treatment process. Make sure that you get further assistance in case the side effects last.
Here are some of the side effects of the skin needling treatment
- Skin irritation – You will experience skin irritation immediately after the treatment process. This is usually normal and you do not need to worry about it.
- Skin redness – The skin can also turn red for some time before it normalises, but it will not last
- Bleeding – Bleeding is a severe side effect and you should get the assistance of a doctor immediately. You should quit the skin needling if it makes you bleed after the process.
- Infection – You might also notice skin infection after the skin needling process. You have to get immediate assistance and cease skin needling.
- Skin bruising – You might also notice skin bruises after the procedure. This is adverse and you must quickly seek the help of a doctor
- Skin peeling – When you notice that your skin is peeling off after the treatment, you should seek immediate assistance from a doctor and avoid the skin needling.
You should avoid skin needling if you are in any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant – Pregnant mothers shouldn’t opt for skin needling as this may have adverse impacts on both the child and herself.
- Skin disease – If you are suffering from a drastic kind of skin disease, skin needling is not an option for you.
- Open wounds – Skin needling is not suitable for a person with open wounds since it might result in pain.
- Radiotherapy – Radiotherapy makes the skin vulnerable to infection, hence applying skin needling after the process will expose it to infection.
Skin needling, if well-applied, is a better technique for treating the skin unlike the use of substances such as chemicals which may have adverse and permanent side effects to the skin.